[thelist] Css Site Questions

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 20:08:38 CST 2005

On 21/1/05 9:32 pm, "Neal Watkins" <neal at constructweb.com> wrote:

> Chris I  belive i got things working now
> http://www.constructweb.com/css/russ/
>
>> On 21/1/05 4:12 pm, "Neal Watkins" <neal at constructweb.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I seek advice on ways to bette rbuild this if anyone can provide
>>> suggestions I would appreciate it!!!
>>>
>>> http://www.constructweb.com/css/russ/
>>>
>>> 1) if anyone has any betters way to approach this almost tableless
>>> design I would love to hear it

Neal

You do seem to have sorted it out though I wonder if you mean to have the go
buttons extending outside the coloured boxes as they appear on my browser.

You could trim your css considerably by collecting common attributes
together e.g. If you've got 4 boxes each 100px x 300px but all of different
colour you can write something like this:

div.allboxes { width: 100px; height: 300px; color: #fff; }
div#box1 { background-color: #000; }
div#box1 { background-color: #333; }
div#box1 { background-color: #666; }
div#box1 { background-color: #999; }

You also keep repeating the font spec when the font spec applied to body is
generally the same throughout.

--
Chris Price

Choctaw