[thelist] Using JavaScript for non-clickable email addresses

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Tue Jan 25 15:10:19 CST 2005

I would like to place an email address on a page, but I do not want
SPAM Harvesters to see the address.  I have a solution to display
useable/clickable email addresses, but I need to find a solution to
display an email address that is not clickable as well.

I do not want to just type <p>person at domain.com</p> b/c there are
harvesters that easily pick it up.  So, what I need is a complex
(javascript) solution to something very simple...unfortunately.

I know that there is no safe approach to this, b/c harvesters are
always evolving, and I cannot currently do the email protection server
side.  It is heading that way, but will not get done for a few months.

So, is there a simple js snip that will produce plan text?

Something along the lines of what is on this page...
http://www.bronze-age.com/nospam/

...only plain text needs to be produced in place of a functioning email
address.

Any one have an idea?