[thelist] Safari problems

Diane Haugen haugend at ictc.com
Tue Jan 25 23:38:15 CST 2005

At 6:03 PM -0800 1/25/05, Tom Lisowski wrote:

>The site that I'm coding works on all browsers and computers I have
>tested it on, except on certain Macs using Safari.

Safari does have some quirks, not the least of which is somehow not
working with signing up with e-bay to be a seller, which involves
supplying a credit card number.  The FAQ for e-bay actually says that
Safari on Macs with OS 10 doesn't work for that process.

It strikes me as really strange that a quirk like this is not fixed
by Safari since it would probably cause problems for a large number
of users. It also raises the question of whether Safari is dependable
at all with secure credit card transactions.   Hmmm.

By the way, your site looks fine in Netscape 4.7, something most web
designers consider so passe as not to be worth bothering with.
Congratulations!

Diane