[thelist] HTTP Request

Chris.Marsh at Callserve.com Chris.Marsh at Callserve.com
Thu Jan 27 13:53:23 CST 2005

James

More info:

> > been loading. The following snippet illustrates what I'm doing:
> >
> > Set xmldoc = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument")
> >
> > xmldoc.resolveExternals = False
> > xmldoc.validateOnParse = False
> > xmldoc.Async = False
> > xmldoc.setProperty "ServerHTTPRequest", True
> >
> > bXMLLoaded = xmldoc.load(Request)
> >
> Ok, that looks a tad suspect to me. Does it *ever* work? I
> would think

Not only does this work, but the same syntax is used in other files and
works fine there. The MSDN link you posted documents no other means to use
the Load method than with an URL as far as I can see. Also, I've now become
sidetracked from the initial task which is to recoord the (presumably)
malformed XML that forms the body of the HTTP request. I was wondering about
something along the following lines, but I think I'm going to go home now
and try it tomorrow morning. In the meanwhile, any comments are welcome :)

Set oFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Set oFile = oFSO.CreateTextFile(Server.MapPath("temp.txt"), True)

binRequest = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)

For i = 0 To LenB(binRequest)

	oFile.Write(MidB(binRequest, i, 1))

Next

oFile.Close()

Set oFile = Nothing
Set oFSO = Nothing

[..]

Regards

Chris Marsh

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete the email immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Callserve Communications accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. _______________________________________________________________________
service.