[thelist] RE: common key to good sites [UPDATE]

Steven Streight vaspersthegrate at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 17:03:23 CST 2005

Lots of good comments on my question.

I forgot my own Vaspers the Grate blog post on the
Dual Nature of Usability: a site (or any product) has
to meet the needs of the audience/customer...and
satisfy the goals of the company.

Everything from aspirins to wikis to the Hubble
telescope and a bottle of beer has to meet both
requirements.

When it comes to webs/blogs/wikis, etc.:

1. The first thing is it must download quickly.

2. The second thing is it must convey a visual
appearance (color, design, type font and size, nav
tools, identification of who operates it, what its
purpose is) of credibility and reliability and
appropriate look for the audience and company (Disney
vs. NASA)

3. Then meet the needs of audience and site owner,
with  all the strategic goodies you all are reminding
me of.

Thanks for the comments, and keep them coming.

Yes, it's hard to say ONE key ingredient,
but...hmmm....????

=====
Steven Streight
Web Usability Analyst & Content Writer