[thelist] setting up a PHP based mailing list

Theodore Serbinski stanson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 12:05:03 CST 2005

Hi all! Ok I have a request by a client of ours to setup a mailing
list for them. I suggested a simple forum, like PunBB would be a much
better bet for what they want, but they didn't really buy that, ah
well.

So my question is, how do I setup a mailing list? I'm looking
primarily for a PHP based one with a simple admin for adding/deleting
users and creating multiple lists. We are running Apache, PHP, MySQL
on Windows 2003.

Also, how does this email list handle actual email? Does it work like
a simple mail server? Never really set one up so very new to this.

Thanks,

ted