[thelist] MySQL connect from outside.

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Sat Jan 29 09:20:45 CST 2005

Dan McCullough wrote:

> However I'm looking to setup some MySQL monitor and administration
> tools and I need to access my live database.  However I know there is
> 1 or 2 entries in the mysql table that you need to make to allow
> access, I cant seem to find the right two entries.  I think its in the
> Database and Host tables.

You need to use the GRANT command --

<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/grant.html>

and make sure that you don't have "skip-networking" in either the
configuration or startup files. (And you don't have your MySQL port
blocked by iptables or similar.)

And if you're still having problems at that point:
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/can-not-connect-to-server.html>

HTH!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.