[thelist] Re: Newsletter Review

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Sun Jan 30 00:14:42 CST 2005

Rosalie Sennett wrote:
> Yes, this is a good point too.
>
> If you have a newsletter that is meant to be 'seen' more than 'read' you
> exclude a whole population of people who rely on accessibility features.

I think you may have missed a significant point of that article - that
HTML email, *when well-structured*, can be _more_ usable for a
non-visual mail client than text-only email - at least for someone using
JAWS, which AFAIK is the most common screenreader.  So if you structure
your markup well, keep attached images small and sparing, and offer a
text-only alternative, HTML mail may be a worthwhile effort.  YMMV!

--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/