[thelist] RE: [OT] blaster worm punishment

Wayne wayne at freelance-developer.co.uk
Sun Jan 30 02:58:56 CST 2005

Hi

Isn't that like saying that its the car manufacturers fault that we have so many crashes? When it is the people who drive bad, drunk or irresponsibly that make the crashes happen. OK they can make them safer so that in the event of something bad happening, the impact is not as great as it could be. </analogy> I am not a security expert, nor am I an expert in virus technology, but it infuriates me to see people defend or misrepresent or shift responsibility for this kind of thing. I am sure that there are plenty of other OS which are *intrinsically* insecure, Microsoft is an easy (outdated and boring) target becuase of their success, they also happen to be the largest charitable donner in the world.

1p