[thelist] RE: [OT] blaster worm punishment

Steven Streight vaspersthegrate at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 30 14:29:46 CST 2005

To say "I'm glad there are worms and Trojans out there, so the stupid public and companies too cheap to hire good IT admins will be forced to consider non-Microsoft solutions", well, to me, it sounds identical to this spurious, dishonorable argument:

"I'm glad women get raped, because it will force them to stop dressing like Britney Spears and distracting me from my work designing frumpy matronly female fashions"

OR

"I'm glad there is burglary, it will force people to buy decent locks and Rottwieller attack dogs (that I happen to sell)."

Can you get more inane and selfish than that? Doubtful.

Steven Streight
Web Usability Analyst & Content Writer
Blogologist
Digital Media Artist