[thelist] PHP Templating recommendations

Mattias Thorslund mattias at inreach.com
Mon Jan 31 13:34:59 CST 2005

Maximillian Schwanekamp wrote:

> I've been using Smarty to good effect lately (it's not as difficult as
> some here have implied).  However there are times when Smarty is a
> like a sledgehammer for a thumbtack.  Can anyone recommend a
> lightweight, *fast*, yet fairly versatile templating class for PHP?
> (PHP 4.3.10).  I can certainly go forth and roll my own, but I'm sure
> many others have been down this road before...  I'm looking for
> recommendations based on personal experience.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I still like using PHP as the templating engine, as described by Brian
Lozier:
http://www.massassi.com/php/articles/template_engines/

I've been out of the loop on templates for a while (but I use Brian's
template class), so if anyone knows what's the latest wisdom on the
subject of PHP as the template engine, please let me know or provide
some pointers.

/Mattias Thorslund

--
More views at http://www.thorslund.us