[thelist] What makes a good e-commerce website?

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Feb 1 19:04:51 CST 2005

Message from Alex Beston (2/1/2005 07:58 AM)
>search facilty from the product list.....
>
>pictures of the staff, ceo's and the products, warehouses.
>
>dont think thats relevant?
>
>check here:
>
>http://www.dawsonbooks.co.uk/about/v_tour.html
>
>they seem to think it is.

I don't really understand the relevance of the link. Are Dawson Books some
major book publisher/seller or something? Or is it just "here's one site
out of the millions online that does these things so it must be a good idea"?

FWIW I've never seen (on the actual site) photos of Amazon's CEO, Amazon's
staff, Amazon's warehouses. Amazon doesn't even list a phone number for
that matter but that's a different story.

However nor have I never looked for staff or warehouse photos on any
website where I went to order stuff.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/