[thelist] Submit a form and shut the window

Jonathan Dillon jonathan at boehm-ritter.com
Tue Feb 1 16:19:28 CST 2005

> Sorry to be pedantic: I don't know who started with  this, but the
> javascript: is completely redundant here, onclick (same as onmouseeover
and all the others) already imply that there is a script to be called
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/scripts.html). "javascript:"
> as a protocol is an abomination and has to go. Also, camelcase is not
valid for attributes in XHTML (http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#diffs) .

Another case of web standards, for all their benefits (and I am a proponent
and programmer) being weird.  There is no reference to a close function in
either of the links here.

Pedantic is fine, but your post doesn't tell someone how to do this properly
with XHTML.  Honestly, I don't know.  Can you enlighten us as to how you
accomplish this basic window task with validating XHTML?  Not being
facetious.  I really would like to know.

Jonathan