[thelist] DOM Help

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 11:50:52 CST 2005

Chris,

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 18:33:51 +0100 (CET), Chris Heilmann
<lists at onlinetools.org> wrote:
> > http://mwarden.f2o.org/sandbox/collapsible_elements.htm
>
> This one assumes that there is only one class in the collapsible element,
> though, and elements can have more than one class.

True. I believe it also assumes that there is only one div element in
the containing div (I did not complete nor test the code that would
support more, but the starts of it are there). There are methods (that
I believe even you suggested to me originally) to add a class to a
list of classes for an element, but AFAIK it is not well supported in
browsers.

> Another point to be aware of is that display:block and display:none are
> very easy and understandable, but also hide content from assistive
> technology:
> http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=ScreenreaderVisibility

What would you suggest otherwise? I checked your code to see what you
were using, but you also use this CSS property.

Thanks,

--
Matt Warden
Miami University