[thelist] Doctype declaration

BJ bj at kickasswebdesign.com
Mon Feb 14 09:14:12 CST 2005

Most times when creating a site with css, you'd most likely use XHTML
1.0 either transitional or strict.

More info here on how you'd frame your doc type declaration.

<http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=DocType>

More info here on why using the correct dtd is important;
<http://www.quirksmode.org/>  -- this page is unfortunately in frames,
so you have to click css, then quirks and strict mode.

I use dreamweaver as my html editor.  When I create a new document I
simply check the little box that asks if I want to make the document
xhtml compliant, and it adds in the xhtml 1.0 transitional dtd all nice
and tidy-- and then when it adds tags to my code the ones that need to
be are "escaped" to conform to the dtd.

I hope this helps, especially since it's my first post to the list.