[thelist] Why are these rollovers not rolling over?

Chris Heilmann lists at onlinetools.org
Mon Feb 14 10:50:14 CST 2005

> The List,
>
>     The Situation:
>     I have a set of four rollover images in the bottom right hand side
> of my web page.
>
>     The Problem:
>     When moused over, they do not change.
>
>     What I've Tried So Far:
>     I've copied code over from another page where they work, I've
> recreated them from scratch, I've gone over the code with a fine tooth
> comb. For the life of me I can't understand why these rollovers are not
> working.
>
>     The Web Page:
>     http://www.tokyocomedy.com/test.php
>
>     For Reference:
>     Here's another page I made where the rollovers work exactly as hoped:
>     http://www.tokyohockey.com/
>     ... not only do the rollovers work, they preload for snappy response.

The same problem I gave you as an answer on css-d, you try to call three
scripts onload of one document, and that clashes. Add an alert to your
preload function and you will see it does not get called. By the way, it
does not seem to work in Firefox anyway. You don't need Javascript for
simple rollovers, CSS is all that is needed.

http://wellstyled.com/css-nopreload-rollovers.html

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com