[thelist] Help with css layout / IE issue

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 23:57:06 CST 2005

Hello,

I have a problem with my website that is only visible in IE 6 (it may
be visible in other version, I don't have them install to check). If
you visit the following link using IE:

http://www.fuzzylizard.com/archives/2005/02/15/460/

You will notice that the content in the right hand side bar starts
below the comment form. In firefox, the content starts at the top of
the right hand column. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

The site uses some rather complex css along with WordPress to generate
the page. Somewhere the css and what WordPress is creating are not
placing nice together. The css validates, but the xhtml has a few
problems in the list of links down the right hand side. However, I
can't see how this would affecting the placement of all the content in
IE.

I am stumped on this one so all suggestions are welcomed. (I know, I
know, clean up the xhtml first and then ask my stupid questions.)

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd