[thelist] Which programs for producing web graphics?

Juha Suni juha.suni at ilmiantajat.fi
Wed Feb 16 04:17:28 CST 2005

Mike wrote:
> In the past I have been using Macromedia Fireworks 4 for creating web
> graphics. Its great for anything web related from headers to buttons
> to laying out entire web pages. It has precise vector control of each
> object and excellent slicing capabilities and excellent transparency
> controls. It is like a combination of illustrator and photoshop
> together.
>
> Which workpath do people find the most efficient today?

I would stronly encourage you to stick with FireWorks. I went from Photoshop
to FireWorks about 3 years ago, and have not looked back. For the web, I see
FireWorks as the ideal tool just because of its unique way of working with
both bitmaps and vector images so seamlessy. For other than web graphics,
though, I would perhaps recommend something else.

Fireworks MX 2004 is working very well for me. I have no experience from
Fireworks 4, but the upgrade from MX to MX2004 was worth the money. In
addition to some new gimmicks the overall performance of the program got a
lot better.

--
Suni