[thelist] Which programs... web graphics on linux??

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Wed Feb 16 10:44:31 CST 2005

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 17:15, Internetvraagbaak.nl wrote:
> Any one  busy using the GPL graphics program The Gimp?
Yep, I do all my (limited amount of) stuff in Gimp v2.
It has improved a lot since v1 (has native .gif support now, for one), and
there are some crazy effects possible. Takes a bit of time to get used to
though...
I especially like the 3-d skewing tools, I made this little logo from a flat
scan of a lable using it:
http://www.energielabel.be/

> and or likewise GPL website template or other building tools like NVU
> http://www.nvu.com/   for instance.?
I also looked into this as something people could use to prepare content to
enter into the CMS, but found it only supports HTML4 doctypes, so I'm waiting
for the next versions that (hopefully) support xhtml.

Richard.