[thelist] Help: Site search for a great client

Internetvraagbaak.nl info at internetvraagbaak.nl
Wed Feb 16 11:29:55 CST 2005

Hi,

Me and my programmer have killed some hours building a SE for a large
site.....
But oke, what is large :)
What we wanted to do is not only search for page titles ( all pages are
dynamically loaded from a dbase),
or short descriptions or any other partly search... we wanted to do FULL
text search thorugh ALL the artivles...
but then in a smart way....performance wise...as you will understand..
Soon my programmer came with a good idea.... and that is indexing the  words
/ content of the website....
and use that for the search engine..
Sorry the example is in dutch so and not really visible what happens really.
http://www.groenlinksgelderland.nl/_prd/index/index.php

i can send you his mail adres..
send me an email directly if you would like to hear his ideas and what he
did..

Jeroen