SPAM-LOW: RE: [thelist] Internet Explorer 7

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Sun Feb 20 01:08:17 CST 2005

JLIST EMAIL wrote:
> I am so tired of everyone's whining about Microsoft.   Its such an old
> complaint and its generally invoked by those who don’t have ideas good
> enough to either capitalize on such "monopolies" as they are accused or ride
> the wave created by them.    So, please, stop complaining.

Please...no more "pro microsoft/anti microsoft" emails. No complaining
about whiners on either side. Its old, tired and sickening. Microsoft is
a monopoly...that is bad. Microsoft is not a fascist enterprise....that
is good. They do good things, they do bad things. Good and bad are both
relative. They crush competitors, they innovate, they buy out other
companies, they endorse some standards, they subvert others, they
encourage third parties sometimes just by their existence.

Individual actions are good or bad within a certain context and set of
assumptions. Keep the debate to that. Companies in and of themselves are
neither altruistic nor evil. If you want to rant about attitudes, take
it to thechat, or preferably, completely off list.

Judah