[thelist] What type of monitor do you use?

Chris Heilmann lists at onlinetools.org
Mon Feb 21 08:42:19 CST 2005

> I do all my web page work on a laptop but drag my heavy CRT to my desk
> every time I do any color work because my lap top monitor does not
> display colors, especially green, correctly (which is the way it is
> according to the laptop manual).  Are the flat screen monitors very good
> for displaying colors or do they have the same problems as the laptop
> screens?   I'm getting tired of lugging my CRT around!

I found that it is rather impossible to fathom all the crappy monitors and
amount of people unable to set up a proper gamma out there. I develop my
designs on a 19" samsung tft at home and I don't see much difference to
the CRT at work. From an accessibility POV I found that working on my
laptop made me realise how bad some contrasts are :-)

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com