[thelist] Best URL naming syntax? Capital Letters?

Jonathan T. Sage jtsage at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 15:23:08 CST 2005

for what it's worth - I will often use initial caps or something like
http://www.example.com/MultipleCaps/SomeLocation/ -

i do this for readbility - and it looks nice.  That said, on the
backend, I'm always running either mod_rewrite to grab the same thing
in all lowercase, or in some cases, it all goes to a php script for
mysql based content (this making the requests pretty much case
insensitive by design)

just my $0.02

(p.s. live example of the mysql method - http://theatre.msu.edu - for
an added bonus, add an unneeded .php to file names, or omit trailing
slashes.)

~j