[thelist] Press release - Database appropriate?

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Tue Feb 22 13:11:43 CST 2005

[snip]
I manage my city's website and have to deal with manually recieving,
formatting and posting a great deal of press releases from various
departments.

I want all the press releases to follow a templated format and would
prefer
to allow the various departments to file their press releases
electronically
without my having to be involved.

Considering the amount of text in an average press release, would this
be a
proper and effective place to use a database to store them by means of
form
submission?

Or is there some other way I'm overlooking, that would take a form
submission and output an HTML page?
[/snip]

Yes, this is database appropriate. May I suggest that you look for a
Content Management System? These are designed for what you speak of.