[thelist] Internet Explorer 7

Jono ox4dboy at comcast.net
Wed Feb 23 10:01:29 CST 2005

>> How much are Mac's again?

$499 and up... like you didn't know.  The latest issue of Fortune
mentions the Wintel world's desire to get OS X onto a PC...I'm not sure
Steve would let that happen, but who knows.  $499 gets you a base model
machine, but with it you get the most advanced OS available - soon to
get even better with the release of 10.4, unmatched security and System
UI, the best out-of-the-box media suite in iLife, and ultra-integration
with your iPod...you do have one right?  For a serious machine, you'd
be better off investing in one of the iMac G5 models, or go all out
with the PowerMac G5.

It seems to me that MS is rushing IE 7 to steal Firefox's thunder, or
at least to make it seem that they are doing something.  Hopefully it's
better than IE6 and does not introduce new bugs to work around.  MS has
a tendency to follow other's success, so maybe IE 7 will feature tabbed
browsing?