[thelist] Session Problems

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 13:56:44 CST 2005

Jeff,

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:15:48 -0500, Jeff Wilhelm
<thelist at summit7solutions.com> wrote:
> We have been having some problems where sessions are getting merged. We have
> a web application that uses sessions, and we are testing it by having three
> people here in our office log in at the same time and perform queries at the
> same time. We are NATed, and the server is off-site, so we all appear as the
> same IP. When queries are executed at exactly the same time (picture me at
> the office yelling 1, 2, 3... CLICK) one person will get back what another
> person has requested.
>
> Very odd. Has anyone run into this before?

What is handling the sessions? When you say "one person will get back
what another person has requested", does that happen to each person,
or do they all get the same thing? What about your gateway -- does it
cache anything?

--
Matt Warden
Miami University