[thelist] Interviewing Process

John williams thudfactor at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 08:42:01 CST 2005

Derick, if they had provided you with a ficticious web site to
redesign, I'd say there's nothing wrong with it. But this is asking
you to do hours of constructive work -- not just on spec, but with no
guarantee that you will be hired or paid for your labor if they make
use of it.

If you really want the job, go ahead and do it (but don't be surprised
if they turn out to be jerks).

If they otherwise seem nice, ask them to suggest another site to
redesign rather than their corporate site.

If you have other opportunities, tell them to take a long walk off a short pier.