[thelist] Transition from Print to Web - to link in text - or not?

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Thu Feb 24 11:12:46 CST 2005

> Finally - a  protocol  query, I have lurked on this list for years but am
> new to posting, is the change of subject line (as above) acceptable
> practise, useful or does it screw treaded readers?

If you're starting an entirely new thread, you should not reply to an
existing thread with a changed subject because it will screw up readers. If
the original thread has wound down and you're starting a related tangent to
that thread, IMHO it's okay to change the thread like: " re Thread 2 (was
Thread 1)."

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s