[thelist] [XHTML] XSLT from within an XHTML document

Jacques Capesius Jacques.Capesius at compellent.com
Fri Feb 25 09:56:16 CST 2005

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to harness the power of XSLT from within XHTML to do some
transformations and other silliness to a webpage before showing it to
the user. I know that you can specify an XSL sheet from within an XML
document like the following...

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test.xsl"?>
<catalog>
	<cd>
		<title>Kind of Blue</title>
		<artist>Miles Davis</artist>
		<genre>Jazz</genre>
	</cd>
</catalog>

... and IE and Firefox are smart enough to grab the appropriate XSL
sheet and perform the transformation.

I was wondering if you could do this from within an XHTML document? I've
messed around with it some, but so far, no dice.

TIA!

-jacques :)