[thelist] open source content management systems

Scott Benton scott at printelectric.com
Sat Feb 26 11:00:20 CST 2005

I have a couple of projects for which I need to implement a content
management. I'm focusing on PHP/MySQL based systems, and open source
because the projects are both for non-profit organizations. I'm
currently looking at PHP Reactor (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpreactor )  and Back-End CMS (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/back-end/ ). I'm just wondering if
anyone out there has experience implementing this type of system, and
if so, which one, and are there any major pitfalls to be aware of? The
systems that I've looked into so far all claim to be very capable. I'm
personally much more of a designer than a web developer, so I'm hoping
to find something that's not going to require a PHP guru to get up and
running, and also something that I can put a pretty sophisticated front
end on.

TIA,
Scott