[thelist] ASP: Server Error using CDONTS - ASP 0177 : 800401f3

Jeff Wilhelm thelist at summit7solutions.com
Wed Mar 2 09:29:32 CST 2005

I had the same problem recently as well... I changed my code and it worked
fine:

Sub SendMessage( vTo, vFrom, vSubject, vMessage ) Dim cdoConfig
    sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
    Set cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
    cdoConfig.Fields.Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2
    cdoConfig.Fields.Item(sch & "smtpserver") = "localhost"
    cdoConfig.fields.update

    Set cdoMessage = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    Set cdoMessage.Configuration = cdoConfig
    cdoMessage.From = vFrom
    cdoMessage.To = vTo
    cdoMessage.Subject = vSubject
    cdoMessage.TextBody = vMessage

    cdoMessage.Send
    Set cdoMessage = Nothing
    Set cdoConfig = Nothing
End Sub

Call SendMessage(vAddressTo,vAddressFrom,vSubject,vBody)