[thelist] Share a drive across multiple webserver... NAS or SAN?

Jeff Wilhelm thelist at summit7solutions.com
Wed Mar 2 09:37:49 CST 2005

You could do a fibre channel SAN, but then you'd need FC cards in the
servers.

We usually buy storage servers (we like SiliconMechanics for NAS boxes)
like:
http://www.siliconmechanics.com/c221/storage-server.php
and then just map drives. With dual gig-E ports the throughput is fine.

Or, we throw a couple of PowerVaults off the machines, like we did
yesterday. But bang for the buck SiliconMechanics is awesome.

Jeff