[thelist] Online collaborative working system

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 04:12:51 CST 2005

Hi

I want to discuss a project with a couple of friends online. I've
started with a mind-map
<http://www.mind-map.com/EN/mindmaps/definition.html> of the issues to
discuss. The project is currently very unstructured, with various
ideas requiring further exploration.

My question is, does anyone have experience of online tools to help
with this sort of thing?

I could start an email list, that's fine but not many people's email
clients support threading.

I could start a wiki. No idea whether that's simple or not.

I could install a forum just for this, with all the aspects of the
project in different sections. That might work, I've never installed
one though.

Or I could just keep meeting them in the real world and just do it
manually.

Any thoughts anyone?

Cheers