[thelist] Jumpy Page/Page Shifts - Help?

Richard Harb rharb at earthling.net
Thu Mar 3 08:16:12 CST 2005

Although your pages produce some minor warnings it's not the HTML that is the
problem.

Ken chase pointed out the cause of the 'problem'.

I am ok with the page shifts - nevertheless if you absolutely do not want this
there might be a solution that I stumbled upon a while ago:

http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/535/forcing-scrollbars-now-even-better

And if you are following up on that link I'd recommend at least skimming through
the comments as they present arguments for and against the techniques.

Richard