[thelist] CSS challenge, vertical-alignment

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Fri Mar 4 08:26:54 CST 2005

Message from Steve Lewis (3/3/2005 06:40 PM)
>Jay Blanchard wrote:
>
>>NOT TESTED ....
>
>>#header div.byline{
>>         margin-top: 75px; <-----you may have to adjust this
>>         text-align: right;
>>}
>
>That does work, pretty well.  That is exactly what I have done thus far:

>   <h1 id="blogTitle"><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></h1><br>
>   <h4 id="blogByLine"><?php bloginfo('description'); ?></h4>
>
>[insert corresponding markup in CSS]
>
>What I would really *love* is a way to align the bottom of the text with a
>point on the screen, of with the bottom of the container (div.bannerText
>in this case) so that it would grow up and to the left instead.
>
>Any ideas?

I didn't test this fully but it appears to pass a very cursory browser
check (Opera 7.5, IE 5.5)

If that doesn't work for you I'd suggest taking it over to CSS-D, where one
of the CSS wizards may have a better solution.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/