[thelist] Multiple languages on the same page

Andrew Clover and-evolt at doxdesk.com
Fri Mar 4 19:40:16 CST 2005

Travis <tbrunn at pgmusic.com> wrote:

> I know about setting the charset to display a particular
> language, but what if I want to display a whole bunch of languages, some of
> which include multibyte characters?

Use a character encoding based on the Unicode character set, which
includes (for the most part) all characters available in older encodings.

It's a reasonable idea to use the Unicode encoding UTF-8 for *all* pages
these days, rather than legacy encodings. (It's especially gratifying to
be able to say goodbye to the horrors lurking in DBCS...)

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com
http://www.doxdesk.com/