[thelist] Just got a pc to test with - Have some browser/software questions...

D Ross dross202 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 5 12:09:56 CST 2005

Hello,
Just got an older compaq laptop with Windows98. My mom sent it to me as
she knows I've been needing one for testing my sites. I've been using a
Mac as my primary computer so just using this pc to test with.

I dont have a router yet so no internet connection to the pc but I want
to get some various browsers on it. I'm sure it will work but just
wanted to get some info about installing software on it.

I was planning on downloading whatever I needed for it to my mac then
transfering the files over on cd. I've heard it's somewhat a pain to
install multiple version of IE on a pc. IE 5.5 is on it now and there's
a version of netscape on it but havent checked it yet to see which
version. I really just want to get ie5.0 and more importantly ie6 on it.
I have seen the browser archives that the evolt people have supplied so
I can just download whatever browsers I need from there, burn to cd on
my mac, then transfer over to the laptop right?

I also need a flash player in IE as the version on it now (5.5) doesnt
have a flash player. Anything special I need to consider there?

Anything else I should install or need to worry about?
Do pc's support cds with multiple disc burning sessions on them? Seems
like I remember they only recognized the first session.

Thanks a bunch for any info,
-David