[thelist] How to crosssearch texts and keywords?

Mark Groen markgroen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 08:26:33 CST 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:54:50 +0100, Manuel González Noriega <> wrote:
> Hi, I've got (mysql) quite a high number of mid-sized (1-m) texts and
> a long lists of keywords (1-n). I need to locate every appearance of
> each keyword on each text. Should I approach this with only php +
> common sense or is there any well know methodology / algorithm / etc.
> that applies to this situation?

Just so happens there's a recent article on the site about text
searches with php/mysql:
Boolean Fulltext Searching with PHP and MySQL
http://evolt.org/article/Boolean_Fulltext_Searching_with_PHP_and_MySQL/18/15665/index.html?cfid=10756452&cftoken=27304188

cheers,

             Mark

             MG Web Services
             www.mgwebservices.ca

Your Canadian West Coast web site development and hosting solution.