[thelist] Weird SQL Server Error - Possibly Just a Timeout

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Mon Mar 7 09:58:55 CST 2005

[snip]
When someone access our Intranet, I record, who, when, and what page
they
accessed for audit ability. The INSERT sql code has been working
flawlessly
for the past two years. However, this morning it stopped working. I have
two
tables that this is happening to. Both are averaging about 65,000 rows.
I'm
getting script timeouts on INSERT commands. Do you think this is the
case,
and do I increase the script timeout in IIS or the SQL server? I think
it's
the SQL server because I tried through enterprise manager:

SELECT     COUNT(LogID) AS totals
FROM         IntranetLog

and EM said that the script timed out.

Ideas?
[/snip]

Have you made sure that the disc is not full?