[thelist] Feedback Form - Not Sending Data from Field

Administrative HQ english_offline at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 06:23:24 CST 2005

Hello, Mark.

Thank you very much for the reply.

The situation is that I am running a site and the
programmer who set this up is long gone. Although I
can design a page, write HTML, etc., I know nothing
about ASP pages, javascript, VBscript and all the
back-end working stuff.

NEVERTHELESS, I HAVE usually managed to manipulate all
of the above somehow and get things working...at least
to an acceptable level for things to function.

This looks more complicated, but I'll give it a go. I
just need a general direction.

Our guy wrote some pages in javascript and others in
VBscript and...on some pages...he didn't specify.

The form in question currently uses this:

**************************
<form action="formmail.asp" method="post">
<input name="_subject" type="hidden" value="Contact
Form"  />
<input name="_recipients" type="hidden"
value="accounting at mysite.net" />
<input name="_requiredFields" type="hidden"
  value="name,email,comments" />
<input name="_redirect" type="hidden"
value="confirm.shtm"  />
<input name="_replyToField" type="hidden"
value="email" />
<input name="_envars" type="hidden"
value="HTTP_REFERER,HTTP_USER_AGENT,LOCAL_ADDR,REMOTE_ADDR"
/>
****************************

Do you mean I should try using something more like
this (taken from another one of our pages):

****************************
'Dim objCDO
			'Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
			'objCDO.From = "Administration at MySite.net"
			'objCDO.To = usr
		subj = "Feedback from MySite.com"
		body = "Form Info:"&chr(10) & chr(10)
&"&chr(10)&chr(10)&"Name: "&usr&chr(10)&"Password:
"&pas&chr(10) & chr(10)&""&chr(10)&""&chr(10), etc.,
etc.
		sendmail usr, "admin at MySite.com", subj, body,"" ,

I don't know if I can pull it off, but please let me
know if this is heading in the right direction.

I'll be using a lot of cut and paste and changing
field names, etc.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
David

--- Mark Joslyn <Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com>