[thelist] CSS Two Column Layout with Content above the header

Dan Eastwell danieleastwell at onetel.com
Tue Mar 8 07:00:32 CST 2005

Thanks everyone for your help.

The site I'm working on is a little more complicated than just the two
cols, it's now three, with the middle column being the main content,
plus a header.

I've put a test version at
http://test.danieleastwell.co.uk/playaway-weekends.htm , you can see
there's two columns, right and left floated in another div, which is
left floated against the right floated right hand column. All of this is
wrapped in a div and a top margin allows for the header to be absolutely
positioned above it. Perfect!

...Or so you might think, until you look in IE6. Fine in Firefox 1.1.
Any ideas as to how I might trouble shoot this? It's all valid XHTML 1.0
bar the flash, which can't be AFAIK without some jazzy javascript...

All ideas most gratefully received.

Thanks,

Dan.

BJ wrote:

> It should be fairly easy if you absolutely position the #header
> container, then you can put a two column container under it with two
> columns within.

--
Daniel Eastwell

http://www.thoughtballoon.co.uk