[thelist] Help Finding & Fixing VBScript Error... Continued

Administrative HQ english_offline at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 15:16:44 CST 2005

Hello.

Thanks for answering.

Barry wrote:
>159 function window_onload()
>160
document.getElementById("UsrId").value=document.getElementById("cust").value
> > 161
> > 162
> //alert(document.getElementById("UsrId").value);
> > 163 }
> > 164
> > 165 function snd_onclick() {
> > 166 document.getElementById("snd").disabled=true;
> > 167 var dosub=true;
> > 168
> > 169 if (document.getElementById...Etc., Etc.
> > ********************
> Could it be that line 163 has } and there is no
> corresponding { before it,
> ie on line 159 ? So line 159 should be:
> Function window_onload() {

The same error returns with or without the {.

>Peter wrote:

>    Offhand, it looks like you're trying to run a
>Javascript function
>in a VBScript environment.  Are you missing a %> tag?

I think that mught be the problem, but don't know how
to fix it. I checked the original page and it DOES say
javascript. So I tried putting:

</SCRIPT>

and then

</SCRIPT>
<script language="JavaScript">

and then

</SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT ID=clientEventHandlersJS LANGUAGE=javascript>

just before line 159 (where the trouble seems to
start). But both return the same thing:
*******************
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400'

Expected statement

/pay_paypal.asp, line 155

</SCRIPT>
^

If the problem really is switching script, isn't one
of the above supposed to fix it?

If, as Peter suggests, an %> tag would help, does
anybody know where it should go?

Thanks very much.
David