[thelist] Examples of well laid out "dashboards"

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:00:49 CST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:44:52 -0700, Chris George <cgeorge at basecorp.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has any examples of really usable, informative
> dashboards. It can be on any topic, I'm just looking for layout,
> functionality etc.
>
> We have a client that has a tonne of functionality buried deep within
> hierarchical 'fly-outs', and it might be better if we could consolidate
> many of the oft-used functions onto one screen.

Check out the Dashboard for Basecamp[1], it is, in my opinion, very
well laid out. However, you may have to buy a subscription in order to
see the whole thing. I am not sure how well the screen shot that they
have will convey the entire page. Also, phpCollab[2] has a not too bad
main screen. They don't have any screen shots, but they do have a demo
that you can try.

[1]http://www.basecamphq.com/
[2]http://www.php-collab.org/blog/

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd