[thelist] Multiple column text?

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Thu Mar 10 19:06:34 CST 2005

Message from Chris Heilmann (3/10/2005 10:37 AM)

> > Message from Chris Heilmann (3/10/2005 08:55 AM)
> >
> >>All of these solutions are fun, but I don't really see why a designer
> >>would split texts into two columns just for the sake of it.
> >
> > Maybe because two narrower columnns might be faster to read than one wide
> > one?
>
>In one case, in the other of a smaller viewport it means you need to
>scroll around to read the whole text.

Good point. If the columns are positioned using floats, though, width a set
width (or ideally a min-width but we know how well that's supported)
wouldn't the second one simply collapse below the first when it gets too
narrow?

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/