[thelist] Are you designing with CSS and web standards?

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Mar 10 23:11:31 CST 2005

Rich Points wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm curious how many designers out there are using valid html or xhtml
> and pure CSS layouts these days.
> So my question is are you
> using CSS to design?  If so to what extent are you using it, pure CSS
> table-less layouts or just simple styling of <p> and <a> tags?
> This question is for designers as well as coders.

Not sure if my immature skills would garner me a title as either a
designer or a coder, but as a minor webdev I've been working in web
standards for the past 9 months or so.  Also initially inspired by
Zeldman, as well as Eric Meyer, Dan Cederholm and Joe Clark
(accessibility standards).

I've gone all the way to striving for pure CSS-P and semantic XHTML.
Floats are comfortable friends, the box model tattooed on my eyelids,
Eric Meyer's vaguely creepy visage always close at hand (EM on CSS, More
EM on CSS).  Accessibility issues are also at the forefront of my work
these days.

--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/