[thelist] Win XP Pro SP 2 IE [SOLVED]

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Fri Mar 11 15:10:45 CST 2005

> I might also add this is occurring on a cd catalog so there are no trusted
> sites to add.

This was the Answer underneath my nose. Apparently XP SP2 ships with the two
following check boxes unchecked. They can be found under Tools > Internet
Options... > Advanced (tab) > Security:

* Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer
* Allow active content to run in files on My Computer

All my pdfs were set to open in a new window and every stinkin' time, the
browser window would block the pdf. We ended up redesigning that feature to
work around this.

This only effects XP SP2 computers, which are rolling off the assembly line
as you read this. So if you have pdfs on a cd that open in a new window,
watch out.

Rob