[thelist] Multiple Templates vs Multiple Style Sheets

Rachell rachell at kingestatewinery.com
Fri Mar 11 18:11:50 CST 2005

The difference between the pages is the navigation.  For example, if you are
in the 'Media' section
(http://www.kingestate.com/newdesign/Media/Galleries/Grafting2005/) we want
the submenu to always remain visible.  And in the 'Domaine' section
(http://www.kingestate.com/newdesign/Domaine/Estate/Gardens.htm), we want
the domaine menu to always remain visible.

And not all of the pages will have the curve now showing in the navigation.

I'm new to CSS (as you can probably tell).  Is there a way to code the
differences without resorting to 20 million different templates or style
sheets -- while being able to update the navigation rather easily?

Rachell wrote:
> So my question is: Is it better to have 10 templates or 10 style sheets?

Neither!  Sounds like ridiculous redundancy.  Probably you could
accomplish as much using an ID attribute on the body tag for all pages,
and judicious use of includes.  Can you give examples of the differences
between pages that are driving this decision?

--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/