[thelist] Select QRY problem

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Mon Mar 14 11:31:35 CST 2005

I'm using VBScript and Access 2000.

I'm trying to select a specific record from my DB and am getting the
following error:

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.

detail.asp, line 31

Line 31 is:
DetailsRecordSet.Open()

My SQL Query is:

DetailsRecordSet.Source = "SELECT * FROM (((tbl_event EV INNER JOIN
tbl_eventDates ED ON EV.eventID = ED.eventID) LEFT OUTER JOIN tbl_contact C
ON EV.eventID = C.eventID) INNER JOIN tbl_link L ON EV.eventID = L.eventID)
LEFT OUTER JOIN tbl_icon I ON EV.eventType = I.eventType WHERE
tbl_eventDates.dateID = " & detailsID & ""

The detailsID is passed from a querystring:

detailsID=Request.QueryString("dateID")

I removed all the joins and did a simple query on just the eventDates table
and it works fine, so I'm assuming my joins are fubared and that its not
returning any records. However, I use the same join statement in another
query that pages the resulting recordset and it works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ron