[thelist] Safari and cursive fonts

Emily Tarrant emily.tarrant at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Mar 14 11:35:53 CST 2005

Erik Heerlein wrote:

>> Is there any reason why Safari won't display cursive fonts for me?
>

> You may want to check out
> http://www.codestyle.org/css/font-family/sampler-Mac.shtml
>
> and see if some of those cursive fonts show up in your Safari. If they
> do, then I would say the problem lies in your code somewhere.
> Brush Script MT, Apple Chancery and Comic Sans show up in my Safari.
> Do you have a page online where other mac users can look and see if
> the fonts you specified show up?

Erik, thank you for your response. I've looked at the codestyle page and
Safari does display the cursive fonts ok. So, I must be doing something
wrong... I've put up a very simple test page:

http://www.webfooteddesigns.co.uk/test/test.html (The css is included in
the page.)

When I look at it in Firefox I see the correct fonts, but in Safari I
just see the same sans-serif font for all three headings.

I'd be very grateful if you could look at it and tell me what you think.

Best wishes
Emily