[thelist] Percentage of users still on Dialup? (offlist)

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Tue Mar 15 08:58:30 CST 2005

On Mar 11, 2005, at 8:09 AM, BJ wrote:

> I will make a comment here-- sometimes stats like these are deceptive
> in terms of audience and demographics.
>
> I live approximately 60 miles west of NYC and approximately 60 miles
> NNE of Philly.  Though I get broadband the options are awful.

My parents live in the northwest Chicago suburbs (Barrington) in an
affluent area.  Dad has been trying to get broadband for years, but
it's simply not available in his area.  (Except for a reportedly buggy
and problematic satellite connection).  For those who don't know the
area, he is (with no traffic) 40 minutes outside of the third largest
city in the USA.

I live in the next town over, and getting fast DSL was no problem.

I guess my point is it's very difficult to predict who can or can't get
broadband.

Steve